[TR] VTR trips

Brad Kahler brad.kahler at 141.com
Tue Jul 24 20:25:37 MDT 2007

I installed the system on my Spitfire about 6 months before leaving for
Portland Maine and the 99 convention.  In conversations with Bud who was
going to travel with me he mentioned he would like to install a cruise
control system as well.  If I remember correctly I bought the parts and
shipped them to him so he could install it.  It worked well for him on
the trip to Maine and he's been using it ever since.

The reversed OD escutcheon worked pretty well.  Its hard to tell that
the cruise wasn't factory installed.  The only thing I had to do was to
epoxy a washer on the back side of the escutcheon to hold the cruise
stalk in the proper position because the hole in the escutcheon was
slightly to large in diameter.

Worked quite well by the way!

Henry Frye and I tried to use the cruise during the TSD rally without a
whole lot of success, but hey, it was worth a try!

Brad