[TR] Alloy Water Pump

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Jul 24 11:59:10 MDT 2007

> Just  curious...... I ran into a few people at VTR who were
> running alloy
> water  pumps. I did a quick Google but can't find any. So,
> who sells them and
> what  are the advantages? One guy installed an alloy pump and
> the output was
> so  great that it blew out his stock radiator!

I think I've already seen BFE mentioned as a source.  So I only want to add
that it's the 6-blade impeller that increases water flow, not the alloy
pump.  Don't know if he still does, but Ken (at BFE) used to sell the
6-blade installed on a cast iron pump considerably cheaper than the alloy
pump.

Only advantage of alloy, AFAIK, is that it saves a pound or two.  At least
partially in your wallet !

BTW, since the pressure cap is at the point water enters the radiator, the
pressure in the radiator is not increased by additional water flow.  If
anything, the pressure at the bottom outlet is decreased (because of
increased drop across the radiator).

Randall

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to NavCom Technology, Inc., or one of its affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.