[TR] Missing at high revs TR4A

Chris Buckley chris.buckley51 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 23 03:36:52 MDT 2007

Hi List,
  I am using stock manifold with PCV valve. The engine is not yet fully run in. I HOPE it doesn't need new rings already. If a new plug doesnt solve the problem, I will do a compression test.

Chris Kantarjiev <cak at dimebank.com> wrote:
  > I then checked all plugs and found No 3 to be 'sooty' while all the others
> were clean burnt light grey colour.

Are you using the stock manifold with PCV valve intact? If so,
then the #3 is where the oil blowby will be deposited, causing soot
and eventually wet fouling.

You can, for a while, help the problem by running a hotter plug
in #3, but you should be planning and saving up for rings.
chris.buckley51 at yahoo.co.uk

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs mailing list
Triumphs at autox.team.net