[TR] high engine rpm

Mark J. Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Sun Jul 22 23:08:24 MDT 2007

> I did mention
>that you ought to keep one wheel from spinning so that you remove the
>differential effect.

Sheesh.

If both axles turn together at the same rate, so there is no difference in
their movement relative to each other, then there is no differential effect.
If you hold one wheel stationary and turn the other, so that there is a
difference in their movement, you get a differential effect.

Holding one axle stationary and moving the other axle one revolution will
cause the central carrier to turn one half revolution relative to the axle
that stayed put and one half revolution  relative to the  axle that  turned.

I guess I'll have to either dig up some web video of how this works, or
make one myself.

Of course, this isn't nearly so complicated as figuring out how to edit
ones replies to NOT include a bunch of useless, irrelevant verbiage
in a response.

mjb.