[TR] TR6 battery and alternator problem

CarlSereda at aol.com CarlSereda at aol.com
Sun Jul 22 13:58:13 MDT 2007

David,
My car battery showed similar symptoms.. about once a week barely able to
turn over - otherwise just fine. Seemed worse with hot weather or warmed car.
This behaviour went on for 4 months. I thought I had a flat spot on starter! My
alternator is 2 years old.
The battery 'diagnosed' fine at the local parts house free battery
tester/charger but after checking out OK it started to charge it - after 5 minutes of
charging, it started boiling over. Lethal sign for a battery.
Got new battery - problem totally resolved.
You might get a prorated refund on your failing young battery - my T-Bird's
battery (Motorcraft) was 10 1/2 years old.. since it still holds a good charge
it's now relegated to my workshop for testing TR horns, electrics, etc.
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4since '74

b) over this summer there were a couple of times when the battery seemed
unable to start the engine. About a month ago I brought the battery (bought
28 months ago) to the retailer who ran diagnostics on it. He said the
battery was fine, but needed charging which he did
<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at
http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour</HTML>