[TR] FT wins the VTR CMDA

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Sun Jul 22 12:10:57 MDT 2007

In a message dated 7/21/2007 3:38:30 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org writes:

Fred Thomas...got special recognition at the awards
banquet by  receiving an award that recognizes "use of your Triumph" and by
putting well  over 100,000 miles on it over the years as he attends event
after event. It  was either the Richardson or McCartney (sp?) award. Someone
help me out  here.

Bob,
I can help you here. FT was awarded the Charles Macartney Driver  Award.  A
Special VTR Award that was born on this very List a few  years ago.  It is
intended to recognize a member of VTR  who drives their Triumph whilst
maintaining it in immaculate  condition. Jonmac wrote the guidelines for me in honor of
his father  Charles. Fred and his 1960 Signal Red TR3A meet them to a T. This
award  comes from the Participants Choice field of Triumphs at the annual VTR
North  American Triumph Challenge recently competed in Valley Forge, PA, USA.

Fred, I love you Man!  There could be no more of a deserving  winner.  You
are my hero and it was a great pleasure to award you  in this way.  If I have it
right you told me you have driven your 3A  149,400 miles since restoration 16
years ago. The way I view your Triumph  it could still be entered in Concours
and do rather well. Also I must thank you  for serving VTR as a TR3A Concours
Judge too. John is going to want to see  pictures of your car. Can you send
us some?

Best Regards,
Darrell Floyd
VTR Chief Judge