[TR] VTR Ramblings

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Sun Jul 22 05:27:47 MDT 2007

Well, Jeanne and I are back home after covering 658 miles going to,
attending and driving home from VTR. The car never missed a beat, got 27 mpg
at 65 mph with my 4 speed, burned or leaked a smidge of oil, oil pressure
hovered at 55 - 60 lbs and the temp gauge stayed a tick under 1/2 with no
mechanical fan and the electric fan not running. The only time I needed the
fan on was when I wasn't moving, so dump those mechanical fans and gain some
free horsepower!

There were lots of Listers in attendance and it was great to see some old
faces as well as to put some new faces to old names. At the risk of
forgetting someone, I'll leave it at there were at least 15 - 20 of us. I
will mention one....Fred Thomas...got special recognition at the awards
banquet by receiving an award that recognizes "use of your Triumph" and by
putting well over 100,000 miles on it over the years as he attends event
after event. It was either the Richardson or McCartney (sp?) award. Someone
help me out here. Even though Joe Curry wasn't in attendance, his website
(with the Spit database) won an award along with the site of some other guy
named Danielson :-) All told, 4 individual sites were recognized as were 4
Chapter sites.

The Delaware Valley Triumph folks did a spectacular job hosting and filling
VTR with great driving events. Everything from the fun rally's to the auto
cross to the concurs and wrapping up with a Mummers String Band at the
awards banquet was perfect. They even managed to keep most of the rain off
of us during the various events.

Great to be home.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U