[TR] RE National TR Weekend at Malvern Worcester UK.

CP25616 at aol.com CP25616 at aol.com
Sun Jul 22 04:10:23 MDT 2007

bill at rarebits4classics.co.uk writes:

No,  Malvern is bang in the middle of the flooding!
We were supposed to be  trading there over the weekend, Malvern is about 1.5
hours drive away from  here. We set off at 6:30am yesterday and found all
roads approaching  Malvern were closed. We got within 5 miles of the event
along several  different routes, but no luck getting through. Around 11:30 we
heard from a  friend the event was officially cancelled, so we turned around
to head for  home. We got back just after 4:00pm.... the roads were  complete
carnage!
We have subsequently heard that the event is back on,  some people on the TR
Register forum managed to find a single passable  route into Malvern.
While I appreciate putting a brave face on for those  who are already there,
I am not impressed that the organisers are still  actively encouraging people
to try and attend, given the emergency  situation in the area. There were
several occasions yesterday where we  nearly became stranded in our van, a TR
would have no chance of getting  through safely. Maybe the roads are better
this morning, but having seen  the situation yesterday it is an area I would
want to keep away from for  several days at least.
Cheers,

Have to agree wholeheartedly with Bill, it was a shambles. I  had a 240 mile
trip down with my TR5 prototype X755 which had been lovingly  restored over 5
years and to say friday was chaotic would be the understatement  of the year.
I, and my cousin Derek in his TR6, got to within 8 miles of Malvern  and all
roads into Malvern were under water and remained that way for most of
Saturday. My 5 had to go through two small lakes on the road to Worcester and  the
second was so deep it actually entered the car--nightmare!!
Soaking wet everything including my good lady, not amused at  all. at least I
tried though.
It was after 9 o'clock at night when we found a place to stay  and after
using common sense on the Satuday morning both Derek and myself went  home.
However there will be other people out there with far greater  tales of
hardship and trouble than mine so musn't grumble I guess.
Act of God??
Well I reckon God is not in the TR Register !!!!! However  before next year
lets see if he wants to join?
Alan Graham
X755