[TR] high engine rpm

Mark J. Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Sat Jul 21 12:14:20 MDT 2007

>Yes, Please explain.  The ratio is what it is and therefore I don't
>understand what you mean by "off by a factor of 2".

If you had a welded diff where the axles on each side were NOT free
to move indepentently then you'd be fine with the simple test.  But
since you hold one wheel steady and turn the other, you are making the
"differential" part of the diff work, and you'd see that the carrier with
the ring gear would move only half as much as the wheel.  It is
pretty easy to visualize oif you take the back cover off and watch ;-)

mjb.