[TR] SU Sychronicity

Paul Dorsey dorpaul at negia.net
Fri Jul 20 22:11:08 MDT 2007

I am just wondering here-

If my SU H6 Carbs were setup identical, and the only difference in the two
carbs was that the rate of manual piston/needle drop between them was
different, I would do my best to synchronize them.
    Also I noticed that one would get stuck and could be remedied by loosening
the three screws holding down the cover/dashpot.  These screws were not
tightened back down much.
    The other carb had a bent 'oil dipstick' that after straightening it
allowed the piston to drop freely.
    If the manual piston/needle drop of the 2 carbs was even after performing
these two 'fixes', could I then be satisfied to only closely monitor them for
smooth and continual & equal piston drop?

Thanks, Paul Dorsey
60 TR3