[TR] TR3A; Wiring Diagram..Heater (and other) connections?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Jul 20 13:21:24 MDT 2007

> None of the various wiring diagrams  for the TR3A that I have in my
> possession indicate where the "optional" heater (switch) should
> connected to the system. Can someone enlighten me, please?

I believe the factory connected it to the terminal on the fuel gauge, with
the green wire.  However, the only evidence I have for that is that I've
found several apparently original panels that were wired that way.  The
workshop manual mentions connecting it to the wiper switch, but of course
that only works on earlier cars without the self-parking wipers.

But you could connect anywhere into the 'green' circuit.  The fuel gauge is
just convenient, that's all.

>   And for supplementary driving lights?

I would guess that the factory setup had these on the "blue" terminal at the
main light switch.  But that's just a SWAG.  If originality isn't important,
I'd suggest using a relay and powering it from the brown/blue at the control
box.  If you want to keep it wired so the driving lights only come on with
the headlights, you could get the switch power from the blue wire at the
main switch.

Randall

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to NavCom Technology, Inc., or one of its affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.