[TR] Silicon oil removal from carpet

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Jul 20 11:22:40 MDT 2007

>  Just thought I
> would check to see
> if anybody had already gone through this for possible
> pitfalls.

I haven't, but the PPG/Ditzler Acryli-Clean I use to remove silicone before
painting seems pretty harmless to most things.  It won't harm healthy paint
nor my skin, so I'd guess it's probably OK on carpet too.  Obviously, try it
on a hidden piece first.

I've heard that NAPA carries it sometimes, or almost any place that sells
auto paint not in rattle cans should have it (or an equivalent).

Randall

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to NavCom Technology, Inc., or one of its affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.