[TR] Reversing light switch

CarlSereda at aol.com CarlSereda at aol.com
Thu Jul 19 11:58:07 MDT 2007

When you ordered a TR4/4A reverse light from the factory they just added a
switch to dashboard (above the dimmer switch in a similar void area near top),
as removing the dash brace, rugs, tranny cover, swapping in a different gearbox
cover, piercing cover for wiring harness, reassembling everything again to
new condition, would be a bit much for something they probably charged $15 for..
The Triumph Racing Green TR4 shown on Bill Piggotts first 'Triumph TR' book
cover has a dash switch for the reverse light (I've pen-pal'd this guy in the
Uk and he's strictly a 'keep it original' type owner - and he bought his TR4
brand new).
ps; since my own TR4 lives in cardboard boxes, I've installed a reverse
switch on my transmission cover. I had a local Brit yard guy drill and tap (with
the odd thread) my disassembled cover, then reassembled guts and installed
switch with shims for activation on selector rail bumps. Can't wait to back up..
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74 .. took it apart again in '99 or was it '98

>>a Grateful thanks to all who have helped with my reversing light query. It
seems odd that my car was fitted with a reversing light ex factory and yet
there is no switch on the gearbox. Perhaps Randall is right and someone has
put a replacement lid on the box although nothing in the early history I
have indicates that.
Best wishes to all,
David Brister.
peek of the all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour</HTML>