[TR] Reversing light switch.

Jerry Van Vlack jerryvv at adelphia.net
Thu Jul 19 04:04:14 MDT 2007

David,
Don't be so discouraged. It's an easy thing to do to your top cover. I did
it to mine a few years ago. Just center the switch, which is the same as an
OD Isolator switch, in the boss that's already on the top cover. Drill and
tap it and you're done. Wiring needs to be installed of course but you have
most of that in place. You do need to disassemble the top cover but again
that's easily done. The top cover mechanisms are all in place as this same
top cover was used on sedans which did have back up lights.
Or go to a bone yard and get a top cover for a TR 6 which already has a
system installed. It should bolt up to your transmission just like the TR4A
cover.
JVV
1966 TR4A with back up light.