[TR] Reversing light switch.

David Brister david.brister at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jul 17 12:44:30 MDT 2007

Having just removed the gearbox and driveshaft cover for the first time in
over 20 years, I thought it would be a good time to wire my reversing light
to the appropriate switch. (Something I overlooked long ago. There was the
remains of a reversing light under the rear bumper then but I removed it and
fitted two of those beehive clear glass lights to the boot lid, controlled
by an on/off switch under the dash..Non standard but at least you can see
behind you.). So I assume there must have been an automatic switch on the
gearbox.
Now I can't find any reference in any of my books to a reversing light
switch although it is shown as an optional extra on the wiring diagrams. My
gearbox just has the two overdrive enabling switches on the top, all wired
according to the book.
Can anyone remember if there is or ever was such a switch fitted to a TR4A.
If so could it be retro fitted?

Thanks,

David Brister
1967 TR4A. (CTC 77785 O)