[TR] When to change rubber bushings

Anthony Rhodes spamiam at comcast.net
Mon Jul 16 07:02:06 MDT 2007

>Subject: Re: [TR] When to change rubber bushings

>The bushings on my TR4 are likely original, which would make them 43 years
>old.  Still just fine... too bad we seem to have lost the formula for that
>batch of rubber.
>
>Geo

It does constantly surprise me that we seem to have inferior "rubber" parts
these days.  Maybe even the OEM parts are not so great either.  Just yesterday
I was in the local Pep Boys and a guy was looking at some sort of rubber plug.
He was on a cell phone commenting to someone about how crappy the rubber was.
He said something like "These #$%^& parts made in India.  The rubber lasts a
few weeks"

I assume it is a combo of cost and that the old parts were made with
environmentally unfriendly processes.  To tell the truth, I would GLADLY pay
more to have the assurance that the "rubber" will have the longest lifetime
reasonably possible.

-Tony