[TR] When to change rubber bushings

Cosmo Kramer tr4a2712 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 15 18:07:04 MDT 2007

Hi list!
  Since Mike D. brought up the topic of rubber bushings & Randall Y. replied,

"So likely the best solution is to just keep the rubber in good shape   (by  replacing it every couple of years, in my experience)".

My question to the list is: Can anyone place a length of time, on the average, of how many years they should be changed?

        OR

When is it advisable to change these rubber bushings?

Yes I know oil will deteriorate the rubber so if they look 'mushy' or are cracking, that these are good indications. But other than looks, What other signs should be noted? TIA,

-Cosmo Kramer