[TR] Middle tube in wipers

Paul Dorsey dorpaul at negia.net
Sat Jul 14 19:49:57 MDT 2007

Cosmo,
I don't know what you mean by exactly by offset distance, but, at any rate,
the Moss catalog says their is a difference between the wiper assembly of a
TR3 & TR4.  I have an extra TR3 wiper assembly, and so I measured the opposite
setup myself remembering to keep the wipers 15" apart.  And the middle tube
can still be used even when I rotate one wheelbox 180 degrees.  However, a
clamp screw on each wheelbox will have to be loosened.. Since I don't mind
scratches on my car, and since I have all of the gauges taken out of the car,
these adjustments weren't all that hard.  It will be several months before I
get the car back togather, but, I think the 'opposite direction' wiper is now
complete!(with middle tube installed).  It just may be that my TR3 wipers will
work like an old school bus's.

I did notice a problem, that's not really associated to this 'opposite
direction' setup.  The problem is that the rubber gasket located just above
the body panel but under the chrome bezel (on the rotating stem of the wiper
and outside the car) covers quite a large oblong hole.  This gasket tends to
'slightly fall into' these oblong body holes for the wipers.  Is this gonna be
a problem?

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3