[TR] TR3 Tonneau Install

Geo & Kathleen Hahn ahwahnee at cybertrails.com
Fri Jul 13 16:31:07 MDT 2007

Previously I have had a tonneau w/o those gores or slits at the top of the
dogleg -- that is probably why my tonneau ripped at the back end of the zipper
after only 25 years of use.

I have a replacement from TRF with the slit in it and have a question about
how it attaches to the lift-the-dot peg that is up near the top of the
quarter-rail capping.

It appears that the 2 sides of the slit will want to overlap here...

http://www.cybertrails.com/~ahwahnee/TR3Tonneau1.JPG

Obviously the LTD fastener goes on the the rearward section, down near the
'point', but it looks to me like the flap on the forward section will also
present itself over the same peg...

http://www.cybertrails.com/~ahwahnee/TR3Tonneau2.JPG

If I was designing it I would have a metal grommet in that under-flap that
would go on the peg before the pointy rearward top flap snaps on, but I doubt
it is anything so clever as that.

Here is where the peg itself is on my car, hopefully this is the right spot:

http://www.cybertrails.com/~ahwahnee/TR3Tonneau3.JPG

http://www.cybertrails.com/~ahwahnee/TR3Tonneau4.JPG

Does the forward (underneath) flap just bunch under there or is there some
trick I'm missing?

Obviously the old tonneau is on the car, that was to support the new one for a
trial fit & pictures.  Thanks for any advice.

Geo