[TR] Cool moving Windshield Wipers

stantr6 at comcast.net stantr6 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 13 05:47:19 MDT 2007

Paul,
I'm familiar with the TR6 cable-in-tube arrangement that operates the wipers, presumably the TR3 is similar.  I had to replace a section of tube in mine (don't recall why), it is easy to fabricate.  It is fuel line, single flared so the ends are captured by the wheelboxes.

I suggest making a new tube to fit between the wheelboxes.  The cable itself, although strong, may still flex just enough to mess up the wiper timing.  The first two tubes keep the cable in line and therefore the timing set.  Particularly with wipers converging, timing will be critical.
Good luck,
Stan

From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul at negia.net>