[TR] Oil and Water

Ibsen Dow flashtr3 at cox.net
Thu Jul 12 11:10:33 MDT 2007

I personally wouldn't wait for the break-in oil before starting the engine.
I have rebuilt many TR engines as well as domestics engines and have not had
any premature wear on bearings, cam lobes, or cam shaft. I always use an
assembly lube when I am putting my engines together to prevent premature
wear.
I am sure of your weather conditions extremes may not warrant an antifreeze
coolant, however, in the TR manual it shows antifreeze coolant solution to
be used. The solution would help keep engine corrosion down compared to
straight water.

Good luck,

Ibsen Dow