[TR] Oil and Water

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Jul 12 10:07:27 MDT 2007

> is
> there any advantage to waiting for the day or is it useful to
> have it sitting in the sump for a while beforehand.

IMO no difference.

> The
> second question is what should I put in the radiator, water,
> water/antifreeze or coolant, is there an opinion on what's
> best for the sidescreen set-up.

You must have some sort of corrosion inhibitor in there.  Easiest is
probably 30% antifreeze, plus distilled (or de-ionized) water.  There are
other products around that claim to offer adequate corrosion protection, but
my experiment with Water Wetter and distilled water did not turn out well.
Oddly enough, the fine print on the bottle says it doesn't provide corrosion
protection, despite what both the web site and their technical support say.

Randall