[TR] Frame reinforcing for TR3A.

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Mon Dec 31 17:02:36 MST 2007

In a message dated 12/31/2007 8:19:54 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
tswhitez123 at hotmail.com writes:

Why are  you folks reinforcing the frames of TR3As?  I have always  considered
the frame to be one of the strongest of it's class.  With  boxed rails and an
beam "X" in the center it should handle any load a  stock or modified TR
engine
gives it.  I am running a 302 Ford in mine  and have never had a problem with
the frame that I know of.

Best  regards,
Tom

The only problem I had with mine was when I went over a railroad crossing  in
an industrial area too fast. The crossing was very crude. the railroad  rail
stood up high enough to hit the frame rails. I peeled back the  covering on
the frame rails like a sardine can for maybe an inch or so. My car  also
stopped. Instantly. Fortunately, I was wearing a seat which caused some  bruising.
Mike Moore