[TR] Frame reinforcing for TR3A.

N197TR4 at cs.com N197TR4 at cs.com
Mon Dec 31 10:01:38 MST 2007

Tom,

Triumph Chassis will handle just about anything, but it does flex.

Jack up one corner and it flexs alot.

Full cage in my TR4 stiffens the chassis and improves the handling.

If all four jack stands are not presented to the frame at the same height, on
my car, one does not touch.

Chassis Stiffness allows the suspension to do it's job. (A RATCO replacement
chassis will also help this along)

This and a lot of other things will eventually transform a street or race car
into something other than a manufacturing compromise.

Then add some Toyo Proxes (street tires) into the mix. Good stuff.

However,  I dont do most of this stuff to my Street TR3A....a lightened
flywheel and a good set of tires is all that it needs to be happy.

Joe A

TR3A            TS30854 L
TR4               T15008L
AMBRO-TR    ARE-001

> Why are you folks reinforcing the frames of TR3As?  I have always
> considered the frame to be one of the strongest of it's class.  With boxed rails and
> an I beam "X" in the center it should handle any load a stock or modified TR
> engine gives it.  I am running a 302 Ford in mine and have never had a problem
> with the frame that I know of.
>
> Best regards,
> Tom

   </HTML>