[TR] harmonic balancer?

Paul Dorsey dorpaul at negia.net
Tue Dec 25 09:11:38 MST 2007

Merry Christmas!

I am converting my TR3 to an electric fan.  I have removed the dog bolt and
fan extension and am wondering about a possible upgrade.  Several members have
written to say they installed a harmonic balancer (in place of their fan
extension?)
    Let me ask:  Just what is  a harmonic balancer?  Several years ago, I
instructed the engine shop to "balance" my motor during it's rebuild???   My
guess is that it counterbalances some sort of wobble and is a step beyond
'balancing an engine during rebuild.'  I am also guessing it can be added (to
the hub?) at a later time.
    For the current time, I think a big, heavy-duty, and exactly centered
washer will suffice.
Thanks,
Paul Dorsey  60   TR3

    Another listee recommended a nifty solution shown at:
<<ut you need to get a replacement cover to bolt everything back together. I
got the kit from
<

Rick Patton
5 Jeff St
Brunswick, Maine 04011
rick at sidedrafttbi.com

  http://topshamautoparts.com/tr6/tr3_4eliminator.jpg
  http://topshamautoparts.com/tr6/tr34_eliminator_kit.jpg

I got good service & he was recommend by Bob Dannialson on the list.