[TR] timing basic

Geo & Kathleen Hahn ahwahnee at cybertrails.com
Sun Dec 23 19:04:16 MST 2007

If you remove the valve cover it is pretty clear by watching the valves when
#1 is ready to fire (both valves will have been closed for about 1/2 a crank
rotation when the timing mark is reached).  Bring it up to TDC on that
stroke and look at the distributor to see if the points are more or less
opening and where the rotor is pointing.  If the distributor is positioned
as it should be the rotor will be pointing at #1 plug but of course other
positions may occur and may even work.

Geo