[TR] Water temp sending unit

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Dec 23 10:28:25 MST 2007

> Is the water temp sending unit in the water pump housing
> supposed to be installed as is with just the round gasket, or
> are you supposed to put some sort of sealer on it?

I'm not sure what round gasket you are talking about, or even what car you
have.  Assuming it's a TR6, then I would suggest a light coat of paste PTFE
pipe sealer on the tapered threads of the sender.  No gasket is required.

> Same question for the thermistat...

There, I like to coat both sides of the gasket with Hylomar.  No need for
anything between the thermostat itself & the housing; as a small leak here
will not hurt anything.

Neither one is really required; but IMO they reduce the chances of a leak
and ease future disassembly.

Randall