[TR] High beam indicator light TR3A

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Dec 22 17:11:30 MST 2007

>  the other is the light socket for the
> the high beam indicator. I cannot find it anywhere.  And I do
> not remember if it is the same socket as all the other
> instrument lights.

Nope, it's unique on the TR3.  An enclosed metal housing with fingers that
snap into the back of the speedo.

>  Is it what Moss Motors calls:
>
> 	SOCKET, warning lamps their #142-710  	 $9.95

Nope, that crosses to Stanpart 502342 (according to Moss Europe) which is
the holder for the turn signal indicator.

> 	SOCKET, gauge illumination, their # 142-700  	 $7.95

Nope, that crosses to Stanpart 70066, which is the illumination bulb holder
for the tach & speedo.

The number Geo gave, 161-195 is probably correct; though my sources cannot
confirm or deny that.  It crosses to P/N 508139, which is the high beam
holder for a TR4/A; but is not listed in my TR2-3 SPC.  I'm guessing that's
because it was considered an integral part of the wiring harness, rather
than a separate part.

Randall