[TR] Bubble Flare

Paul Dorsey dorpaul at negia.net
Sat Dec 22 07:29:11 MST 2007

Kent, thanks!
My '60 TR3A is TS71318L and I don't remember any (just one) bubble flare
originally on it.  However, I've now 'molested' it and since I just now
understand what I've been misunderstanding about different flare types
terminology.

I remember there is just one odd metric bolt (although I don't remember where)
somewhere, but I don't think I knew about one odd flare type anywhere.  Does
someone on the list remember where the odd flare or odd nut is?

I am also wondering at what point the switch was made from using 'double
flares' to 'bubble flares' was made?????????????( it might be a TR4
phenomena).

And while Triumph might never have done this, I am wondering if a
bubble-flared clutch line, can be converted to a 'double-flare'??????????????
(it looks doable with a heavy duty flaring tool?)

Paul, I did have one bubble flare but I can't remember where.  Most are double
flares and are on the brake or clutch.  It is a flare turned in on itself.
Most flaring tools have the capibility to do double flares.  It is a two step
operation.

Paul Dorsey <dorpaul at negia.net> wrote:
  Kent,
  I guess I forgot what type flares are usually on TR3's, could you remind me
please?
  Thanks, Paul