[TR] [6pack] Toyota 5 Speed/Nissan Diff

Chuck Arnold triosan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 22:51:16 MST 2007

I replied off list to Bob regarding the shortening of the drive shaft when
using both Herman's tranny and Goodparts Nissan diff.  I got a shaft
shortened, but ended up using the uncut one.  I do recall having a bit** of
a time getting the shaft on the diff because it was just long enough to not
be able to get a wrench on the engine side of the flange at the diff.  Ended
up fabricating some long extension so I could hold the nut or bolt from the
far side of the cruciform plate.  Course this argues for the shorter shaft.
Cannot remember why I did not use it -- probably thought it pulled the shaft
out of the tranny too far.  But having read what Herman wrote, that was
probably a mistake.  Do not have any leaks after many track miles, so I
assume it is OK.
Chuck

--
Chuck Arnold