[TR] Cool Triumph video

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Wed Dec 19 17:54:48 MST 2007

On Wednesday 19 December 2007 12:55 pm, Geo & Kathleen Hahn wrote:
> Although the Triumphest judging is a 'Funcours' they do require the top to
> be up.  As there is usually a drive immediately following I just take the
> points deduction rather than put the TR4 top on just for the show then off
> for the drive.
>
> Most TR4 owners will understand.
>
> Geo

George,

Yes I understand.

I had to put the top up to drive to my daughter's wedding and it was only the
2nd time I had it up since the restoration was completed.

I do admit it is a chore but it is a tad easier than the 3.

I do have it adjusted quite nice and on the 50 mile ride not 1 drop of water
in the interior. The first and I hope the last time I have to drive in the
rain.

The 4 top does seal a bit better than the 3. Driest I have ever been in a LBC
in a driving rain storm.

It is an AMCO top and with all those top snaps and hooks + the overlap on the
front bow creates a real snug fit even at 60+ MPH.

ALso lots of work putting it down and hiding it under the interior. Similar to
the 3 with the separate hood stick cover but still easier, only 6 side snaps
+ the 4 on the carpet.

All part of the fun of LBC ownership.

Bob