[TR] Cool Triumph video

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Dec 19 15:35:44 MST 2007

> A general question: is the terrain and vegetation typical southern
> California countryside? I guess I've become spoiled by green hills
> and trees.

"Southern California" covers many different kinds of terrain.  We have
mountains, deserts, valleys, plains ... you name it, it's here somewhere.  I
live on a plain (actually a prehistoric river delta I believe) not far above
sea level; but on a clear day I can see mountains that reach to 6000 feet
from my front yard and it's only a 1.5 hour drive to a ski resort that is
open today (tho there's only a few feet of snow as yet).

However, there is a fair amount of terrain similar to that in the video.
And as I think someone already mentioned, there is also some like that near
the site for VTR/Triumphest 2009 (which is just 60 miles up the road from
where that video was shot).

Apropos of not much, here's a link to an aerial shot of Latigo canyon near
Malibu.  It's another good Triumph road in SoCA, and may be part of our
local club's New Year's Day run (or not).
http://www.ridesaroundla.com/images/LatigoCanyon.gif

Randall