[TR] water pump install

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Wed Dec 19 11:01:26 MST 2007

On Wednesday 19 December 2007 10:32 am, Vito wrote:
> Thanks to everyone that sent me photos for the fuel line. They helped a
> ton.
>
> I've got another question for the concours crowd.
>
> How was the water pump detailed? Was the pump assembled to the housing with
> the studs and nuts and then all painted as an assembly? Or are the studs
> and nuts supposed to show up as zinc plated with no paint?
Vito,

I dont know the answer but would hope that a judge would not mark off because
the nuts were painted or not as long as they were clean. After all it is an
engine. I always paint all nuts, bolts, washers the applicable color. Black
for all engine hardware with the exception of the valve cover nuts, they are
polished stainless steel. Looks good against the chrome cover.

> Also, I am assuming that it is best to use some sort of gasket seal for the
> gasket between the water pump and housing? probably use something on both
> sides of the gasket?
> And lastly, what's the best stuff to use?

For the water pump, and thermostat housing I use Blue Max.

Bob