[TR] Speaker ingenuity

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Wed Dec 19 06:37:34 MST 2007

In a message dated 12/19/2007 1:27:06 AM Central Standard Time,
team.net at daveola.com writes:
> If you have a TR3 without the optional backseat, then you can make
> one that contains the speakers.  The advantage of this is security,
> if the bolts are inside and it's lockable, then a thief would have
> a hell of a time getting your speakers out.  (I attached my speaker
> with screws from the inside - the outside is totally flush).
>
> My backseat and speaker project is here, might be of some use:
>
>   http://Triumph.Daveola.com/Album/Backseat/

This is a clever solution but it only works on a pre 60,000 series car
without the shelf.  The later models have enough room under the shelf to mount the
speakers behind.  Back in 2000 I saw a car owned by a Canadian with the most
clever and stealthy audio installation I have ever seen.  He had used PVC pipe
of appropriate size to form baffles for the speakers and protect them from the
elements.  He also had some other neat ideas.  One was mounting tweeters in
the defroster ducts so that the high notes came out the defroster vents.

Another option is to find some Miata seats with the speakers in the
headrests.

Let the mind wander.

Dave