[TR] Speaker ingenuity

David Ljung Madison team.net at daveola.com
Wed Dec 19 00:22:32 MST 2007

> As I'm putting the final touches on my TR3 restoration I'm looking to
> the audiophiles among you to help me think outside the box

If you have a TR3 without the optional backseat, then you can make
one that contains the speakers.  The advantage of this is security,
if the bolts are inside and it's lockable, then a thief would have
a hell of a time getting your speakers out.  (I attached my speaker
with screws from the inside - the outside is totally flush).

My backseat and speaker project is here, might be of some use:

  http://Triumph.Daveola.com/Album/Backseat/

As Joe mentioned, you will definitely want a bigger alternator, you'll
burn out the stock generator with a good audio system.

Dave