[TR] Cool Triumph video

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Dec 18 17:09:53 MST 2007

> Hey, that's nice - and I'd missed it too. Only one
> *criticism.* Did anyone manage to get out of
> second gear? In one of the shots you could see the speedo and
> it looked like they were only doing
> about 45-50mph -

I didn't go on the run myself (no drivable Triumph at the time), but I would
guess that is correct.  "Rally" is something of a misnomer, the actual event
is closer to a tour, with little or no competition.

At TRfest, there is a requirement that you must complete at least one
driving event in order to enter the Funcours.  The "Fun rallye" is a chance
for people with nicely restored cars to take a casual tour of the
countryside, and incidentally meet the "driving event" requirement without
undue risk to the cars.  Plus I doubt the legal speed limit was more than 55
mph on any of those roads, likely much lower in spots.

After all, this is California ... the point is not who is best but how much
we all enjoy our Triumphs.

Hopefully when you come visit us in 2009, you can star in your own video of
California back roads !

Randall