[TR] eBay Histeria

Michael Marr mmarr at notwires.com
Thu Dec 13 14:44:41 MST 2007

> " If you want it, Here it is, Come and get it.  UMM UMM UMM UMM,  Make you
> mind up Fast. But you better hurry cause it's going Fast."  "A  Fool and
> his
> Money"  (Beatles)
>
> Darrell

Well, I always thought this was a Badfinger song, but I just discovered that
Paul McCartney wrote it for the movie "The Magic Christian."  He recorded a
demo in which he sang all the parts and played all the instruments, gave it
to Badfinger and told them to record it exactly the way it sounded, which
they did, and it became a big hit.  Paul's original demo version was
released, as a Beatles song, on the Beatles Anthology 3 CD, although the
Beatles never actually recorded it together.  The song was called "Come and
get it", by the way.

As for LBC content, there was a really nice BRG GT6 featured as a getaway
car on BBC America's show "Life on Mars" on Tuesday night.  Did anybody see
it?

Mike