[TR] Vibration

Philip E. Barnes peb3 at cornell.edu
Tue Dec 11 06:54:25 MST 2007

A number of years ago I decided to track down the source of a
vibration that came on at the usual 50-60 MPH range. I took the
driveshaft to a heavy-duty truck garage to have the joints replaced
and the shaft balanced. The fellow called back and said the shaft was
bent! He straightened it, re-balanced it and installed the new
joints. Vibration gone. I have no idea how it got bent, but it cured
a problem I'd had with the car from the day I bought it. Just another
thing to check in such a situation.
--
Phil Barnes (peb3 at cornell.edu)
Keeneyville, PA (visit our new location!)