[TR] re TR Vibration

CarlSereda at aol.com CarlSereda at aol.com
Mon Dec 10 21:53:54 MST 2007

Geo,
I had a very good condition TR driveshaft fine-tuned at Drivelines Inc. and
along with the little square metal piece that was already spot welded on, the
balance guy welded on two nickel sized washers in two opposite places to fine
tune it.
Most TR driveshafts I've seen have at least one square/rectangle metal piece
(about 3/4" x1.5") spot welded onto shaft along tube.
I would check your's for a clean spot that might have lost this weight or two.
I would also have someone drive the car at speeds on freeway that bring on
the shake, while you check both sides in another vehicle looking for bouncing
tires.
Good luck,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74
Can a driveshaft that has been in service for years suddenly need balancing?
Any suggestions or ideas?  Thanks!
Geo Hahn