[TR] Turning engine backwards?

Skip Gurnee skip47 at powernet.net
Sun Dec 9 13:45:44 MST 2007

Hi Paul-
Just a minor clarification of Randall's note- the cam timing chain always
has a little slop in it, and if you turn the engine backward, you take up
the slack in the backwards direction, which could be several degrees off,
depending on the age and wear of the chain and pulleys.  So when you turn
the engine backward, turn it a little farther than you need, (10 degrees is
plenty) and then forward again to reestablish correct timing.
Skip Gurnee
64 TR4
65 TR4A