[TR] TR-3A Stoneguard question

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Fri Dec 7 18:10:28 MST 2007

On Friday 07 December 2007 06:45 pm, wbeech wrote:
> I notice a $30 difference between the stoneguard sets from Victoria British
> ($80.00) & TRF($120).  I have called both to ask to ask, VB did not know at
> all and TRF thinks it is aluminum or stainless steel.
>
> I think that the original ones, my are long gone, were stainless.  Has
> anyone seen the product from these folks?  Is there $30 diff in the value
> between them?
>
> Thx,
>
> Bill B
> '58 TR-3A TS/30766 L
> "I love it, she hates it... the car, of course!"
Bill,

The original stone guards are aluminum.

It has been mentioned on this list that the repro sets dont fit right at all.

I even remember TRF saying the same but TRF may have sourced a better part
along the way, maybe that is why the difference in cost.

If it was me I would go with TRF. I have always found that most of their repro
parts (at least the ones sourced in the UK or US) are of the best quality.

Once in awhile you see them on ebay.

Bob