[TR] Sway Bar Custom Mounts

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 7 08:24:40 MST 2007

Bob Danielson wrote:
> With some help and advice from fellow Listers Bob Lang and Art Lipp I was
> able to resolve my sway bar issues by buying Energy Suspension End Links and
> fabricating some custom brackets. I just updated my site
> (http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/SwayBar.htm) with lots of pictures but have
> one last question. I can have the links pretty straight up and down OR
> angled outward just by flipping my bracket over. The last picture here
> (http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/ELMounted.htm) will show the difference. Any
> opinions on which way provides better handling?

That's a neat solution Bob. As to your question, I think if you can maintain as near vertical
movement, that should be OK. My only concern (and this isn't a criticism) is that the end links do
seem to be hanging rather low. I'd be concerned about the possibilities of them hitting something on
a bad road - but maybe you don't have those where you live?

Jonmac