[TR] Leather straps for TR6 luggage rack

elangtr4 at aol.com elangtr4 at aol.com
Wed Dec 5 13:39:43 MST 2007

Jim,

I'll agree with Andy Mace. I live near a large Amish population here in Ohio. I visited their local hardware store looking for straps for my TR6 rack. The helpful clerk directed me to the harness maker just up the road who made me a pair while I watched. Took less than 30 minutes, cheap too. BTW mine are removeable. Where the straps attach to the rack are what appear to be snaps or rivets, but they actually screw apart, one side has a slotted head. I'm sure someone here on the list knows the technical term for this fastener. I leave mine on the car all the time just so my car looks a little different.

Eric Langreder
71 TR6