[TR] TR6 Jacking Point

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Mon Dec 3 14:27:58 MST 2007

In a message dated 12/3/2007 3:59:24 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
suhringtr36 at comcast.net writes:

I can  get
the jack far enough back to reach the diff, but the lifting arm hits  the
muffler.

Hi Scott,

Years ago I bought a long and not very tall hydraulic jack from Sears...it
has great reach and will easily clear the muffler to connect with the  diff.
One trick we used in the shop for "low rider" TR6s was to gently  lift the rear
end while a helper scoots the jack in past the muffler and quickly  raises it
to start a lift. It's not usually necessary to lift the car when  "jacking
down" in the rear because the rear wheels usually have enough inward  tuck to
give you another inch or so clearance.

Good luck!

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.