[TR] Muffler anti resonator material

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Sat Dec 1 07:13:53 MST 2007

In a message dated 11/30/2007 7:27:11 PM Central Standard Time,
jmitch at snet.net writes:
>   I have a stock type stainless steel exhaust system on my TR6.  It
> tends to resonate more than a mild steel system.  Is there anything like
> a dynamat type product, that could be slapped onto the muffler to take
> some of the tinny sound out of it, and wouldn't melt?  Any ideas would
> be appreciated.  Thanks

I have expressed the same displeasure with the system on my car.  I have not
done anything about it yet but due to the temperatures involved one is limited
on options.  One thought I had was header wrap.  Wrap the mubbler with this
high temp material and secure it with some very long hose clamps (or a number
of shorter ones in series).  If the material can be held in intimate contact
with the muffler it should dampen the resonances pretty effectively.

Dave

71 TR6 (and others)