[TR] Fwd: Re: Ford-powered TR4

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Thu Aug 30 19:53:52 MDT 2007

In a message dated 8/30/2007 7:57:00 PM Central Daylight Time,
kajohns64 at yahoo.com writes:
> Just look at the engine compartment of a tr4-6.  that
> space is just begging for a v-8.  The V-8 is a better
> fit in a TR than the mgb or sunbeam tiger.  You know
> if the Triumph engineers would have had the money to
> play around with they would experimented with a small
> block Ford or Chevy.  Hell, Shelby became a legend for
> his Anglo-American Cobra.
>
> I've been having evil thoughts thinking of my TR6 and
> the 4.6 sohc in my Lincoln.

If you are really interested in this sort of stuff, the British V8 club has
already been mentioned.  What hasn't been mentioned is that they hold a
convention every year and you will se 60 or so cars at these conventions, mostly MG's
but enough R's to make it interesting for us TR guys.  Next year's convention
will be in Port Hudson, Wisc (north of Milwaukee).

Dave