[TR] fan extension, fan belt, steering rack

v6spitfireguy at cox.net v6spitfireguy at cox.net
Thu Aug 30 12:59:42 MDT 2007

One has to be careful here - Simply shimming the front of the engine
without regard to the rear mount can cause other problems.  There is a
factory angle to the engine, be it level or some angle.  This angle is
"suppose" to be the same as the pinion angle on the rear end so that the
U-joints have the same relative angles.  For example, if the pinion is
mounted with a 6 degree upward from level tilt, then the engine is mounted
with a 6 deg rearward down from level tilt.  If you start changing these
angles too much - and it only takes a couple of degrees, then you risk the
possibility of driveshaft vibration and early U-joint failure.  The more
angular misalignment, the greater the vibration and the shorter the
lifespan of these components -