[TR] Max Lucas TR7 Gremlins

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Thu Aug 30 05:41:51 MDT 2007

In a message dated 8/29/2007 7:02:13 PM Central Daylight Time,
TR250Driver at aol.com writes:
> OK, hooked up a jumper cable from the left tail light housing to the
> exhaust pipe and all lighting functions then appear to operate normally.   Take off
> the cable and we go back to rear end Disco Lights!  What would be next?
> Remove the whole light assembly? Need a Wedge Type Guy here.  Not seeing any real
> "Ground Connections" to clean up.  Not interested in tearing Ugly's whole
> rear end up unless it is required.

You need to duplicate what you just did, connect a ground wire from the lamp
assembly to chassis ground.  Use one of the mounting studs on the lamp and run
to a ground screw.  Get some crimp type ring terminals.  You should be able
to avoid removing the lamp housing from the car which may be an ugly
proposition considering the gasket has been in place for over 30 years.

Dave