[TR] Fan Extension and Steering Rack Proximity - A

CarlSereda at aol.com CarlSereda at aol.com
Wed Aug 29 19:24:11 MDT 2007

Although your TR3/4/4A extension comparison picture looks convincing it's
still hard to  believe TR4As came with a grooved extension from the factory -
every 'grooved' TR4/4A fan extension I've seen is grooved to a different depth
(including your Roger Williams reference - so slight to even make a
difference). Your's is certainly one of the most dangerous looking deep cuts I've ever
seen.
If I'm wrong - I certainly like to learn new things.
I would take calipers and check your wall thickness of your casting - my
smooth one is only about 1/4" thick in that area - I imagine your's is getting
dangerously thin - and ready to collapse, under high torquing of a crank bolt.
Please let me know what you find!
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74