[TR] More on valve adjusting

Mark Hooper mhooper at digiscreen.ca
Tue Aug 28 10:08:48 MDT 2007

I've been adjusting my TR6's valves with the engine running for years.
Flat screwdriver in one hand, open wrench in other and friend holding
tip of mechanical stethoscope to pivot point of rocker while I listen
and adjust. You tighten just until the hammering is almost gone. I never
had too much oil splatter.

Of course, now I am using an auxiliary feed and beginning to think of
removing it do to the large amount of oil escaping the valve cover via
the breathing pipe. Makes the car smelly too.

Cheers,

Mark